Do You Eat Suhoor (Pre-Dawn Meal) in Ramadan?

Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Pious Barber


The Pious Barber Abu Ja'far al-Hadad relates, "During a stay in Makkah my hair had grown long but I could not afford to cut it. I went to a barber who seemed to be a good man and asked him to cut my hair for the sake of Allah. The barber glanced at my messy hair and invited me forward. He trimmed away the locks up to the ears. Once he had finished he reached and handed over some dirhams. He said, "Take it. You'll need it". I was reluctant but he insisted. I took it on the condition of returning the whole amount at the first opportunity. I thanked him and left.


Later I met a friend outside the Haramain. He informed me that a friend of mine from Basra had left this bag containing 300 dirhams for me. I took the bag and gave it to the barber. The barber said, "Oh Shaykh, do you not have any shame? You told me to cut your hair for the sake of Allah and now you want me to take the charge. Take the bag and may Allah forgive you.''

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a stupid barber!

Anonymous said...

dear anonymous thank you so much for reading each and evry article.and you are the first one to coment.this shows your interest in this blog.once again thank you so much.may Allah SWT reward you good.

Anonymous said...

fan- how do u know hes the same guy?

also im another Anonymous

Anonymous said...

Awesome story.I think the man who had written stupid he himself is a stupid..