Do You Eat Suhoor (Pre-Dawn Meal) in Ramadan?

Monday, June 16, 2008

Have You Heard??

My name is Gossip.

I have no respect for justice.

I aim without killing.

I break hearts and ruin lives.


I am cunning and malicious and gather strength with age.

The more I am quoted, the more I am believed.

My victims are helpless. They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face.

To track me down is impossible.

The harder you try, the more elusive I become.

I am nobody's friend. Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same.

I topple governments and wreck marriages.

I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heartaches, and indigestion.

I make innocent people cry in their pillows.

Even my name hisses.

I am called Gossip.

I make headlines and headaches.



Before you repeat a story,

ask yourself:

Is it true? ... Is it harmless? ... Is it necessary?

If it isn't, don't repeat it.


“O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion, in deeds some suspicions are sins. And spy not neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allah, verily, Allah is the one who accepts repentance, Most Merciful” (Al-Hujuraat 49: 12)
.

Abu Moosa Al-Ash’aree said, “I asked the Messenger of Allah: Who is the best Muslim? The Messenger of Allah replied, “He is the one from whom Muslims are safe from the evil of his tongue and hands.” (Muslim)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

V salhi. Masha Allah.

We tend to take all such acts lightly. Satan keeps tempting Muslims in different ways, why should we fall in to Satans trap. ? :-)

Anonymous said...

Masha Allah..awesome post!!

Anonymous said...

Masha Allah...fantastic post!!
..

Anonymous said...

Masha Allah...fantastic post!!
..

Khybar Brothers said...

Maashaa Allah vvvv salhi ingey... verily we are v aware of this... may Allah guide us Straight and make us among Muttaqun.